May 06, 2009

Pilates



The Lotte Berk Method. I love the combination yoga/pilates/ballet this workout offers. Amazon.com is selling the DVDs. I first heard about this workout discussed by by Kelly Ripa of Live! Regis and Kelly, and in Fitness, Shape and several other magazines. About 1 1/2 years ago I purchase the DVDs for my collection at home. And it is part of the workout plan offered by NYC's Physique 57 (a great gym I receive email about new events from. I was able to visit their facility on my trip to NYC last May. I've noticed this style popping up in other areas of the country as well.


I've decided to try to train my body to 'crave' these workouts in the morning. I have set my alarm for 4:50am and the plan is to have a 1/2 workout to one of the 4 DVDs each morning (they are 1/2 hour each). When I really need to stretch I use a 10 -minute Pilates-only DVD and cut the time a bit short on the Lotte Burk. It's Wednesday, but so far so good! I hope I can stick to this crazy plan! I feel streched all day! And that's great with the long commute. Of course, this now leaves evenings open for running....




No comments: