April 26, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Motivation

I had to go to Target at lunch today to see the new Zac Posen collection. The quality impressed me and I’m somewhat of a fabric snob. I also pull the seams of clothes to see if they will pull apart. These didn’t! I bought a brocade skirt, size 1, so the sizes are true to size as I’m usually a 00 or 0. Very well made, and fabric is substantial and will hold its shape.



I also bought a tomato plant for my little hanging tomato growing apparatus which I had purchased at Home Depot last week. So tonight I will plant it. I thought this little system would be good for me since it is my first try with tomatoes and I tend to kill plants. Some Miracle Grow Moisture Control soil and I think I will have taken every precaution I can take to secure its life! My other seedlings are not growing yet, but since I planted them a week ago they should start soon.

This weekend I read a book, Big Girl by Danielle Steele.

Yes, I finished it. I’m that way when it comes to books, once I start it, I can’t put it down. It was very thought provoking as the character deals with her eating disorder of sorts as a result of the just horrid level of emotional cruelty inflicted upon her by her parents.  Whether or not one chooses to overeat for comfort, or not eat for comfort, is rather intriguing to me. I sat in my garden on Sunday afternoon and read; it was delightful. With Peets decaf, what could be better? I haven't taken an afternoon just to read for quite sometime and I felt so refreshed afterwards. 

And inspired to go upstairs and continue painting. My little reading cafe is complete (that's what I've named it).  Now for the hallway walls.  I mixed 3 1/2 gallons of paint that I had to make the color; recycle, resuse, renew, I beleive I am touching upon each of those here!

Speaking of the garden, Everything is in bloom. The apricot tree is so full that the gardener recommended that I stake it so that it doesn’t fall over. Apricots and 0% Fage yogurt will be wonderful breakfasts and lunches throughout spring,. And I have to report that a darling hummingbird has built a tiny, little nest in the plum tree, which right outside of the garden room. I often have my computer on the table and watch her. I didn’t realize she had a nest until today.

I have to take sooo many pictures of my home projects, it is that for which I need motivation…

3 comments:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Love your skirt purchase from Target...I just love that store and can never get enough of that place. I just recently planted some tomatoes from seeds myself, and I'm proud to say that they are sprouting, I really think I am tracking my green thumb down...lol, hope to visit Paris To The Moon soon, if not for an event, maybe just for the eye candy, I love that place. Thanks for stopping by, hope you visit again soon! ~Hugs~

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Lovely flowery skirt!
Wishing you a most wonderful week with lots of fun in the sun!! xx

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow, after reading you are a size 00 or 0, all i could think of was wow!