March 18, 2010

Random Parisian Thoughts

My sweet friend Susu at Susu Paris Chic blog always inspires me to want to write long comments to her incredibly lovely posts.  This stylish lady has so much fun with fashion. **sigh** I need to learn how to operate my camera.  Maybe her inspiration is so keen because she is in Paris?!


Notre dame

Quite often I am so entrenched in the corporate world of reports and numbers, my creative side absolutely shuts down. Ever have that problem?   I've been thinking about why I started a blog in the first place, and that was to explore my interest in fashion, decorating, writing, photography, all of which is completely outside of what I do everyday.  As I prepare to begin 2-years of an MBA program, I know that I want to focus on business in these areas as well as my current occupation.  Of course I will always love analysis, but fashion, trend, design analysis would be a fun and profitable 2nd career. 

Sacre Coeur

Reading Susu's Paris fashion post, made me think of my own trip to Paris with such fond remembrance as though it were yesterday.  Paris is the only place where I have ever felt alive in everything I did, which is likley why I remember the trip with such clarity.  The energy was just unlike anywhere else.  New York has incredible energy, but different from France, or should I say Paris. I actualy WANTED to fit in, to be a part of the city and community.  That is not common for me, I tend to be as disengaged as possible for reasons unknown to me.  I remember my trip as if it were yesterday, the feelings it produced, of happiness and just of being. Just last night I realized that it has been 5-years! Time to plan a trip...Other than your home, do you have a place in the world that you love?

Louvre








8 comments:

A said...

I know exactly what you mean about Paris. I felt so apart of that city when I was there, and soon enough it became a home. I wish I could've stayed longer, but there's much more chances to visit and live there!

bunny, The Paris House said...

Hi, I too just adore Susu, she is filled with life's energy...she always inspires. I am so glad you have such moving memories of Paris It is a fabulous city. Besides my home I feel a strong connection to Venice Italy, it feels like home to me when I am there. I also love Paris and Manchester Vermont. The world inspires me so much.
xoxo

Susu Paris Chic said...

Dear Shari,

I'm so honored by this post. So incredibly touched.

I love reading your comments, and leaving you mine.

Fashion can be a playground and a way to communicate our love of life to others. Creativity takes so many wonderful forms. You have created a lovely blog. Keep letting your heart speak.

Paris and I will be waiting for you... Needless to add that this city is where I feel the most me;)

Hugs for the new week!

Victoria said...

I've been to NY several times but never to Paris, I would love to someday!

I haven't visited Susu's blog yet so I for sure will go and check it out!

Raymonde said...

Paris, Paris, tu me manques!
Thanks for sharing this post! xxx

Unknown said...

I read this on my phone few days ago and i love it. Thank you for linking it to French obsession and entering my give away. So glad to be your friend :)
Gros bisous
Frenchy

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your French thoughts are lovely! Have a happy Easter weekend! Oh, I became your newest follower so I don't have to miss any of your posts... xo

starrynightimpressions said...

Ohhh this post just tugs at my heart, for I am too a lover of Paris. I've been there three times now, but still can't get enough. I feel like I belong there, even though I don't speak the language.
I think my hubby is a little nervous that I might just up and move there someday, lol.
Merci beaucoup for such a wonderful post,
starrydeborah
Ps. I found you through Frenchy :)